After a two day video-conferencing meeting of the Nigeria National League,NNL Club Owners Association (NALCOMA) which started Monday 29,June and ended Tuesday 30,June,2020,the meeting resolved as follows:
1. That in all ramifications will support the Nigeria Football Federation ,NFF in any decision for the good of the game, but affirmed that the NNL and its club owners should always be carried along in decisions affecting it, for better synergy.
2 .That the 2019/2020 NNL season be cancelled following the effect of Covid-19 and restriction on sporting activities by the Federal government ,which does not make the expected resumption of the League feasible.
3 . That none of the 43 (Forty three clubs in the second tier League would go on relegation or be promoted .This ended the agitation by some leading clubs to be promoted to the Nigeria Professional Football League,NPFL.as majority 13 clubs voted against 12
4. That there would be no registration fee to be paid by the clubs in the 2020/2021 NNL Season.
5. The Club Owners tipped the NNL for immediate restructuring, a functional and effective board should be put in place and at least three(3) members of the club be considered on the board.
6. That NALCOMA should work with the new NNL board to ensure early commencement of the new season and to determine a professional standard calendar for the Most Important League.
7. That there is urgent need to rebrand the League to give it a fresh face,with the intent to attracting partnerships/Sponsors without further delay,as this was part of what put the League on hold in the first instance.
8. Agreed to have a strong Committee to be constituted to critically look into the problems associated with poor officiating in the NNL, this was one of the reasons the League was placed on an endless stop.
9. That the NFF should consider clubs in the NNL as part of the beneficiaries of the Palliatives from World Football body,FIFA and the Continent’s ruling body CAF, most especially the Private club owners.
10. The Meeting Suggested an enlarged and well equipped Media department in the NNL to achieve the purpose of rebranding, enhanced publicity and attracting investors.
The meeting had earlier observed a minute silence in honour of its departed chairman Hon. Chidi offor Okenwa.